Sichuan and Chongqing Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Plight of the Panda
Mysterious, endangered, and cuddly are a few of the monikers typically associated with China's best-known symbol. Dwindling in population would be another. Given China's recent economic reforms, pandas face a mixed future. On the one hand, economic growth and overpopulation are increasingly affecting their habitat. On the other hand, more state and international resources are pouring into special research institutes like Sichuan's Panda Breeding Research Base. What will be the ultimate fate of these stoic creatures? It's hard to say. One thing is certain though: those who visit ecological panda preserves are part of the solution.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe