Sichuan and Chongqing Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Sichuan and Chongqing
Emeishan: Hike 10,000 feet to the top of one of China's holy mountains and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Giant Panda Breeding Research Base: Stroll through the bamboo groves, bone up on the latest in genetic biology and ecological preservation, and check out cute baby pandas.
Horseback riding in Songpan: Marvel at the raw beauty of northern Sichuan's pristine mountain forests and emerald-green lakes from the back of these gentle beasts.
Liquid Fire: Savor some of the spiciest food on the planet in Chongqing's many hotpot restaurants.
An engineering miracle or madness: Enjoy a lazy riverboat ride through the surreal Three Gorges, and stand in awe of one of China's latest engineering feats, the mighty Three Gorges Dam.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe