- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Chinese Phrases
The shared train and bus station may be the most inconvenient, crowded, and annoying station in the world. Once your taxi has maneuvered through the corrugated tin walls and piles of baggage, finding buses or trains is not hard, however.
From Chongqing to Chengdu is a well-trodden path. The bus departs every hour, takes five to six hours, and costs Y120. Buses are viable as far as Yibin or within the municipality itself (Dazu and Beibei), but trains are recommended for all other destinations.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Chengdu: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $30+/Nt Expedia
- Chengdu Savings! Book at Somerset Riverview Chengdu Fr $130+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Chengdu: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $142+/Nt — $142 Save with Expedia, $33/night less
- Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower in May: $90 & Up — $90 Expedia
- May deal: Jinjiang Inn (Chengdu Sport University) Fr $30+/Nt — $30 Expedia