- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Xujiahui and South, Hongqiao and Gubei
Buyers throng the large malls in the shopping precinct at Xujiahui, which shines with neon and giant billboard advertisements. Down the road are the districts of Hongqiao and Gubei, where wealthy expats live in high-walled compounds and drive huge SUVs. You're likely to find a larger concentration of Western-style restaurants and supermarkets here if you are feeling homesick.
Xujiahui and South, Hongqiao and Gubei at a Glance
Elsewhere in Shanghai
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe