- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Xujiahui and South, Hongqiao and Gubei
Buyers throng the large malls in the shopping precinct at Xujiahui, which shines with neon and giant billboards. To the west are the districts of Hongqiao and Gubei, where expats live in high-walled compounds and drive huge SUVs. If you’re feeling homesick, a visit to Hongmei Lu and its string of Western restaurants will do the trick.
Xujiahui and South, Hongqiao and Gubei at a Glance
Elsewhere in Shanghai
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's