- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
People's Square metro station is the point of convergence for Shanghai's metro Lines 1, 2, and 8. The underground passageways can be confusing and often packed, so it's best to take the first exit and then find your way aboveground. Xintiandi can be reached by taking Line 10 to the Xintiandi stop or Line 1 to the Huangpi Nan Lu station, which is a block or two north of Xintiandi.
The sights in this area are divided into two neat clusters—those around People's Square and those around Xintiandi. You can easily walk between the two in 20 minutes. Visiting all the museums in the People's Square area could take a good half day. Xintiandi's sights don't take very long at all, so you could go before dinner, check out the museums, and then settle down for a pre-dinner drink.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe