Sights & Attractions in Shanghai
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in Shanghai
Shanghai's waterfront boulevard best shows both the city's pre-1949...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||The Bund and Nanjing Dong Lu|
China Art Palace
Housed inside the China Pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo site...
|Museums / Galleries||Pudong|
Dongtai Lu Antiques Market
Here you'll find porcelain, jade, and anything else worth buying...
|Markets / Bazaars||Xintiandi and City Center|
Home of the Shanghai Museum, the city's main square has become...
|Squares||Xintiandi and City Center|
Power Station of Art
The site of the Shanghai World Expo was a barren wasteland until...
|Museums / Galleries||Old City|
Rockbund Art Museum
The detailing on this 1932 Art Deco building is as enticing as...
|Museums / Galleries||North Shanghai|
Look past the eyesore of an exterior—this museum holds the country's...
|Museums / Galleries||Xintiandi and City Center|
By World War II, more than two-thirds of Shanghai's residents...
|Stores / Malls||Xintiandi and City Center|
Since the 18th century, this complex, with its traditional red...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Old City|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe