Shopping in Shanghai
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Shanghai gets up late, and opening hours really vary. Local supermarkets open early, but malls don't usually open until 10 and boutiques at 11. The upside is that stores tend to stay open later, with many closing at 10 pm. Markets generally start earlier, at around 7:30 or 8:30, and close at around 6. Most stores are open seven days a week. Shopping here is a voyage of discovery that is best done on foot so as to discover the little surprises, especially in areas like the Former French Concession.
Browse Shanghai Shopping
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe