- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Shanghai's 25 Best, 3rd Edition
After a globetrotting childhood and a stint at New York's Gramercy Tavern, Austin Hu returned to Shanghai and opened Madison. There's a heavy emphasis on carbs and butter, and every weekend the light-filled space is packed with equal parts locals and foreigners, all hungrily digging into banana-stuffed French toast. Dinner at the Nouveau American eatery is more refined, and includes such favorites as bone marrow crostini and a refreshing salad with blue cheese from Beijing.
- Address: 3 Fenyang Lu, Xuihui, Shanghai
- Phone: 021/6437–0136
- Location: Former French Concession
- Reservations essential.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. ... Read more
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese... Read more
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room,... Read more