- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Shanghai's 25 Best, 3rd Edition
The 5 Tables Bistro (5 Zhuō cāntīng)
The 5 Tables Bistro (5 Zhuō cāntīng) Review
This restaurant is diminutive in size and but packs in plenty of personality. The friendly Singaporean owner is the sole waiter, yet no water glass goes unfilled; the service here puts fully staffed restaurants to shame. The menu is just one sheet of paper and on offer are one soup, one starter, a few mains, and two desserts. Dishes change frequently, so one week, if you're lucky, you'll be slurping up bacon potato soup; another will find you tucking eagerly into seared scallops paired with caper sauce and a vegetable puree.
- Address: 210 Danshui Lu, Huangpu, Shanghai, 200020
- Phone: 021/3304–1205
- Location: Xintiandi and City Center
- Reservations essential.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore.... Read more
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese... Read more
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room,... Read more