Fodor's Shanghai's 25 Best, 3rd Edition
Jia Jia Tang Bao (Jiā jiā tāng bāo)
Jia Jia Tang Bao (Jiā jiā tāng bāo) Review
It would be a shame to leave Shanghai without trying xiaolongbao (soup dumplings), and locals flock here in droves for what are said to be the best in town. They are the only thing on the menu, and once the kitchen runs out the restaurant shuts down for the day. It's a proper local hole-in-the-wall, with orange plastic chairs and grimy tabletops and floors, but eating here is an authentic and delicious experience not to be missed.
- Address: 90 Huanghe Lu, Huangpu, Shanghai, 200003
- Phone: 021/6327–6878
- Location: Xintiandi and City Center
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable. Howev... Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. As we walk ... Read more
Many questions here and not sure whether to post in China or HongKong forums. Has anyone been to this aircraft carrier? It's turning ... Read more