- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Shanghai's 25 Best, 3rd Edition
A Cote Review
After opening Franck and then Le Petite Franck over the past several years, Franck Pecol has turned to pizza with A Cote, which translates as (and literally is) "next door." Pecol is very, very French, and so is his pizza—it's not New York–style, not Neapolitan, and for that it makes no apologies. Quality ingredients are used, and the pies are fired in a wood oven that's just behind the wooden communal table. The diminutive menu offers 10 pies dressed with toppings like salty anchovies, ham, and olives. The outdoor seating fills up quickly on Shanghai's rare blue-sky days. The restaurant is at the edge of Shanghai's gay neighborhood, so it's a popular spot for those who want to fill up before going out.
- Address: 376 Wukang Lu, Xuhui, Shanghai, 200031
- Phone: 021/3368–8757
- Location: Former French Concession
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
Hi, we've been told we can catch a train to Shenzen to go shopping and that you can get a visa locally at the train station. Read more
· News & Features
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. ... Read more
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese... Read more
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room,... Read more