- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Shanghai's 25 Best, 3rd Edition
Park Hotel (Guójì fàndiàn)
Park Hotel (Guójì fàndiàn) Review
This Art Deco structure overlooking People's Park was once the tallest hotel in Shanghai. Completed in 1934, it was known for its luxurious rooms, fabulous nightclub, and chic restaurants. Today the lobby is the most vivid reminder of its glorious past. It was an early inspiration for architect I.M. Pei (creator of the glass pyramids at the Louvre).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
Hi, we've been told we can catch a train to Shenzen to go shopping and that you can get a visa locally at the train station. Read more
· News & Features
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. ... Read more
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese... Read more
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room,... Read more