- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Shanghai's 25 Best, 3rd Edition
Changhang Merrylin Hotel (Zhǎng háng měi lín gé dà jiǔdiàn)
At a Glance
- reasonable rates
- convenient to shopping and public transportation
- decent food in the restaurant
- poor service
Check Rates from our Partners
Changhang Merrylin Hotel (Zhǎng háng měi lín gé dà jiǔdiàn) Review
Merrylin is better known throughout China for its restaurants, and the Changhang Merrylin Hotel's lively eatery overshadows its fair-size, inexpensive rooms. The decor aspires to European grandeur, but comes off as amusingly tacky. Reliefs and golden statues of frolicking nymphs dominate the lobby, and rooms are decked out in gold-flecked wallpaper and crackled white-painted fixtures. The service can be brusque. On the plus side, the hotel is within three blocks of a shopping mall and metro line 2 to Puxi.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. ... Read more
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese... Read more
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room,... Read more