- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Shanghai's 25 Best, 3rd Edition
88 Xintiandi (88 Xintiandi jiüdiàn)
At a Glance
- prime location in Xintiandi
- interesting traditional Chinese decor
- can feel a little dated
- some street noise
Check Rates from our Partners
88 Xintiandi (88 Xintiandi jiüdiàn) Review
Although it targets business travelers, this groundbreaking boutique hotel is a shopper's delight. The hotel is in the heart of Xintiandi, its balconies overlooking the top-dollar shops and restaurants below. The rooms, all mini or full-size suites with kitchens, are likewise upscale. Beds are elevated on a central, gauze-curtained platform; sitting areas have large flat-screen TVs and DVD players. Stylish wood screens accent the rooms and common areas. Deluxe rooms and the executive lounge gaze down on Lake Taipingqiao.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
The most populous city in China is booming, and brimming with exciting quarters to explore. ... Read more
Racing between Shanghai and Beijing, China's bullet train is an awesome way to avoid domestic Chinese... Read more
Six eateries that range from fine dining to afternoon tea, a sleek spa complete with crystal steam room,... Read more