Nightlife & the Arts in Shanghai
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fueled equally by expatriates and an increasingly adventurous population of locals, Shanghai boasts an active and diverse nightlife. Shanghai lacks the sort of performing-arts scene one would expect from a city its size, but it's getting there. Things like acrobatics are solely of interest to tourists; however, traditional forms of Chinese opera remain popular with older citizens and are even enjoying a resurgence among young people.
Browse Shanghai Nightlife
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe