- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Nanjing Xi Lu and Jing'an
Shanghai's glitziest malls and some five-star hotels are along the main street in this area, Nanjing Xi Lu. So if you're into designer threads, luxury spas, or expensive brunches, you can satisfy your spending urges and max out your credit here. For those of a more spiritual bent, Jingan Temple, whose reconstruction is ongoing, is one of Shanghai's largest temples. The small Jingan Park across the street is popular with couples. Behind the temple is an interesting network of back streets.
Nanjing Xi Lu and Jing'an at a Glance
Elsewhere in Shanghai
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe