- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Shanghai
Skyline Views: Head to the top of theShanghai World Financial Center, known to locals as the"bottle opener," or the pagoda-inspired Jin Mao and look straight into the clouds. Shanghai World Financial Center, known to locals as the "bottle opener," or the pagoda-inspired Jin Mao and look straight into the clouds.
Shanghai Museum: The far-flung Power Station of Art is a contemporary hub worth the trek down to the former World Expo site.
Shopping Overload: For a break from Shanghai's conspicuous consumption, head west from Xintiandi to Fuxing Park, where couples ballroom dance all afternoon long.
Yu Garden: When not too crowded, the garden offers a few minutes of peace and beauty amid the clamor of the city, with rocks, trees, and walls curved to resemble dragons, bridges, and pavilions.Updated: 01-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's