- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Tao Tao Ju (Tàotào Jū)
Tao Tao Ju (Tàotào Jū) Review
With a name that means "House of Happiness," this is one of the city's most revered traditional Cantonese restaurants. Opening its door more than a century ago, Tao Tao Ju is famous for its dim sum, especially thenai huang bao (buns made with milk and egg yolks). Tao Tao Ju's cakes are filled with 20 different ingredients, including ham, roast duck, shrimp, peanuts, mushrooms and lotus seeds. The menu, available in English, has many items that you're unlikely to find elsewhere, including tasty kudzu and snakehead soup.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
Hi, we've been told we can catch a train to Shenzen to go shopping and that you can get a visa locally at the train station. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more