- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Panxi Restaurant (Bànxī Jiǔjiā)
Panxi Restaurant (Bànxī Jiǔjiā) Review
On the edge of Liwan Lake, this famous restaurant has a series of teahouse rooms and landscaped gardens interconnected by paths and bridges that have the feel of a Taoist temple. One room is built on a floating houseboat. Signature dishes include scallop and crab soup, and quail eggs cooked with shrimp roe on a bed of green vegetables. The dim sum, especially popular with Southern Chinese, is highly recommended, as the restaurant is known for its beautiful presentation along with its fresh flavors. Make reservations or expect long lines.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
Hi, we've been told we can catch a train to Shenzen to go shopping and that you can get a visa locally at the train station. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more