Pearl River Delta Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Pearl River Delta Restaurant Reviews
Most Cantonese dishes are stir-fried or steamed, although roasted meats such as barbecued chicken and pork are also popular. A Cantonese mid-morning favorite is dim sum, consisting of bite-sized dishes like dumplings, steamed buns, and pastries. Filled with meat and vegetables, they are a perfect way to start the day, and many traditional dim sum places stop serving by mid-afternoon. In Cantonese culture, dim sum on weekends is a family affair.
While Guangzhou is more of a Cantonese-food capital, you can find many other types of food in Shenzhen. Since the city is growing so quickly, most residents are from elsewhere in China, and Hunan, Sichuan, Jiangsu and Fujian-style dishes can be found easily. Also, more specific styles of food such as Chiu Chow, with its seafood porridges and fish-ball soups, and Hakka, with its more home-style soups and excellent tofu dishes, are plentiful.
Browse Pearl River Delta Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's