Pearl River Delta Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Pearl River Delta Restaurant Reviews
Most Cantonese dishes are stir-fried or steamed, although roasted meats such as barbecued chicken and pork are also popular. A Cantonese mid-morning favorite is dim sum, or small dishes such as dumplings and pastries. Filled with meat and vegetables, they are a perfect way to start the day, though many traditional dim sum places stop serving by mid-afternoon. When you go out to eat, go with as many people as you can find so that you can try as many different dishes as possible.
While Guangzhou is more of a Cantonese-food capital, you can find many other types of food in Shenzhen. Since the city has basically only 30 years of history, most of the people there are from elsewhere in China—so Hunan, Sichuan, and Fujian-style dishes can be found easily. Also, more specific styles of food such as Chaozhou, with its seafood porridges and fish-ball soups, and Hakka, with its more home-style healthy medicinal soups and excellent tofu dishes, are plentiful.
Browse Pearl River Delta Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover China! Flights to Guangzhou From 795 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Shenzhen Savings! Book at Shenzhenair International Fr $147+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Shenzhen: Save this May Fr $162+/Nt Save with Expedia, $15/night less
- Book the Sheraton Dameisha 3 Nts in May Fr $337+/Nt — $337 Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Shenzhen Fr $107+/Nt — $107 Expedia