Pearl River Delta Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Pearl River Delta
Feel the Buzz!: This region is the undisputed engine driving China's economic boom, and whether you're in older Guangzhou or the "instant city" of Shenzhen, you're sure to feel the buzz of a communist nation on a capitalist joyride.
Explore the Ancient: Though thoroughly modern, the Pearl River Delta has not lost touch with its ancient roots. From the temples of Guangzhou to the Ming Dynasty walled city of Dapeng in Shenzhen, a journey through the PRD is a journey through the centuries.
Soak Up Some Colonial Splendor: Guangzhou's well-preserved examples of architecture date back to the 19th century, when European merchants amassed fortunes in the opium trade, and the buildings from which they once plied their trade still stand on Shamian Island.
Shopping! Shopping! Shopping!: Need we say more? Guangzhou is one of the best places to buy inexpensive clothes in China.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe