- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Ferries run every 15 minutes with a reduced schedule from midnight to 7 am. Prices for economy/ordinary and super/deluxe run HK$134-HK$275. VIP cabins begin at HK$944 (four seats) to HK$1,416 (six seats). Weekday traffic is usually light, so you can buy tickets right before departure. Weekend tickets often sell out, so make reservations. You can book tickets up to 90 days in advance with China Travel Service (www.ctshk.com) agencies or directly with CotaiJet or TurboJET by phone or online. Booking by phone requires a Visa card. You must pick up tickets at the terminal at least a half hour before departure.
Most ferries leave from Hong Kong's Shun Tak Centre Sheung Wan MTR station in Central, though limited service is available from First Ferry at Kowloon's Tsim Sha Tsui terminal. In Macau most ferries disembark from the main Macau Ferry Terminal, but CotaiJet services the terminal on Taipa Island. The trip takes one hour one way. Buses, taxis, and free shuttles to most casinos and hotels await on the Macau side.
CotaiJet (853/2885-0595 in Macau; 2359-9990 in Hong Kong. cotaijet.com.mo.)
First Ferry (2131-8181. www.nwff.com.hk.)
TurboJET (2859-3333 information. www.turbojet.com.hk/en.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air go-today
- Ageless China IExplore
- China & Yangtze Experience — $4,199 IExplore
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong — $3,350 IExplore
- China Active: Hiking in Yunnan — $2,899 IExplore