- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Hong Kong
Macau Canidrome Review
The greyhound track looks rundown and quaint compared to the bigger Jockey Club and glitzy casinos, but it offers a true taste of Macau in a popular neighborhood near the China border crossing. The Canidrome opened in 1932; it tends to attract a steady crowd of older gamblers several times a week for the slower-pace, lower-stakes gambling rush of betting on fast dogs chasing an electronic rabbit. Check out the parade of race dogs before each race. You can sit on benches in the open-air stadium, at tables in the air-conditioned restaurant, or in an upstairs box seat.
- Address: Av. do Artur Tamagnini Barbosa at Av. General Castelo Branco, Downtown, Macau
- Phone: 853/2833–3399; 853/2826–1188 to place bets
- Cost: Public stands MOP$10, private box seats MOP$120
- Hours: Mon., Tues., Thurs., and weekends 6 pm–11:45 pm; first race at 7:30
- Website: www.macauyydog.com
- Location: Downtown Macau
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more