- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Macau
Ruins of São Paulo. The church facade is a symbol of Macau. En route to it, sample regional cuisine and experience local charm in Senado Square.
A-Ma Temple. It's steeped in Macau's culture and history. Search for the Lucky Money Pool, then wash your hands in the blessed water before heading to the casinos.
Place Your Bets. Even if you don't gamble, take a peek inside the Lisboa, a classic Macau landmark, or the much newer Venetian, whose sprawling complex includes singing gondoliers on indoor canals and high-luxury shopping.
Relax on Hác-Sá Beach. Sunbathe on charcoal-gray sands before taking a stroll, heading out on Jet Skis, or feasting on seafood.
Spaaahhh. Macau's spas have ultra-indulgent treatments and world-class facilities—with prices to match. But who cares? You're on vacation.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 -- Beijing: 4-Star Hotel Downtown into Summer, 25% Off Mercure Beijing Downtown
- $2299 -- China: 11-Night Vacation w/Air & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Ageless China IExplore
- China & Yangtze Experience — $4,199 IExplore
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong — $3,350 IExplore