- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Macau
Discover the Ruins of São Paulo. The church façade, all that remains of a former center of learning, is a symbol of Macau.
Take a seat in Senado Square. A bench here is the perfect perch from which to watch Macau's comings and goings while admiring the colonial surroundings.
Explore the A-Ma Temple. It's steeped in Macau's culture and history. Search for the Lucky Money Pool, then wash your hands in the blessed water before heading to the casinos.
Place Your Bets. Even if you don't gamble, take a peek inside the Lisboa, a classic Macau landmark, or the newer and splashier Venetian, a sprawling complex where singing gondoliers glide down indoor canals and luxury shopping abounds.
Spaaahhh. Macau's spas have ultra-indulgent treatments and world-class facilities—with prices to match. But for many, the pampering is well worth the expense.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe