- Discover the Ruins of São Paulo The church façade, all that remains of a former center of learning, is a symbol of Macau.
- Take a seat in Senado Square A bench here is the perfect perch from which to watch Macau's comings and goings while admiring the colonial surroundings.
- Explore the A-Ma Temple It's steeped in Macau's culture and history. Search for the Lucky Money Pool, then wash your hands in the blessed water before heading to the casinos.
- Place Your Bets Even if you don't gamble, take a peek inside the Lisboa, a classic Macau landmark, or the newer and splashier Venetian, a sprawling complex where singing gondoliers glide down indoor canals and luxury shopping abounds.
- Spaaahhh Macau's spas have ultra-indulgent treatments and world-class facilities—with prices to match. But for many, the pampering is well worth the expense.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More