- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Tipping isn't a big part of Hong Kong culture. Hotels and restaurants usually add a 10% service charge; however, in almost all cases, this money does not go to the waiters and waitresses. In restaurants, add on up to 10% more for good service, or simply round up the tab. In hotels, tip bellhops and other helpful staff members. Tipping restroom attendants is common, but it is generally not the custom to leave an additional tip in taxis and beauty salons, and unheard of in theaters and cinemas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's