- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Hong Kong was once renowned for its lack of public restrooms, but things are improving. When sightseeing in the city, dip into malls or the lobbies of big international hotels to use their facilities. Since SARS and the influenza alerts, the government has been particularly active in keeping public facilities clean, but toilet paper can be hit-and-miss: bring your own tissues in case.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2299 -- China: 11-Night Vacation w/Air & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel