- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Hong Kong
Yau Yuan Xiao Jui
Yau Yuan Xiao Jui Review
This tiny storefront may look like any other noodle joint, but its humble appearance belies its culinary prowess. The restaurant plates up authentic Shaanxi snacks, which can be best described as some of the heartiest and delicious chow that China has to offer. The handmade dumplings are amazing, especially if they're fattened up with lamb and umami scallion oil. Then there's the signature biang biang mien, which translate into (extremely) long and wide al dente noodle sheets designed to be anointed with chili oil, scallions, and marinated spare ribs. Definitely check this place out.
- Address: Shop 3, ground fl., Keybond Commercial Building, 38 Ferry St., Jordan Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
- Phone: 5300–2682
- Location: Yau Ma Tei
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tue.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
A member of the Design Hotels group, the new Mira Moon hotel flaunts cutting-edge design in Hong Kong's ... Read more
Come for the art and the views, but stay for the fantastic food, strong drinks, and swanky stays.... Read more
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from... Read more