- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Hong Kong
Aberdeen Fish Market Canteen
Aberdeen Fish Market Canteen Review
If you have a Cantonese-speaking friend, your lunch here will be easier to navigate, but trust us, it's worth the effort. First off, the canteen is housed within the Aberdeen Fish Market, which is a bit of a trek if you're not familiar with the area. Secondly, there's no set menu; you'll have to set a budget with the boss and he'll design your multicourse lunch based on the day's freshest catch. Expect anything from blanched shrimp served with soy sauce to abalone with chili and salt. It's a bit of a hassle and it's not exactly cheap for lunch but if you like seafood, this place is about as good as it gets.
- Address: 102 Shek Pai Wan Rd., Aberdeen Southside, Hong Kong
- Phone: 2552–7555
- Location: Southside
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
We are Swiss couple planning to do our honeymoon (max. Read more
· News & Features
A member of the Design Hotels group, the new Mira Moon hotel flaunts cutting-edge design in Hong Kong's ... Read more
Come for the art and the views, but stay for the fantastic food, strong drinks, and swanky stays.... Read more
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from... Read more