- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Fodor's Hong Kong
Café Match Box
Café Match Box Review
The decor, staff uniforms, and—of course—the food all capture the retro vibe of the 1960s Hong Kong cha chaan teng (local café). Cantonese pop songs from that era play over the sound system while diners relish bowls of elbow macaroni served in soup and topped with spam and eggs. Other staples include spaghetti served in chicken broth with green peas. But the sweets here are what really stand out. The egg tarts are rich and custardy, and the French toasts are served with a giant slab of butter. Surely the best item in the house, though, are the hotcakes topped with bananas, buttered walnuts, and soft-serve ice cream. Credit cards are accepted only in the evening with a minimum of HK$200.
- Address: 8 Cleveland St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong | Map It
- Phone: 2868–0363
- Website: www.cafematchbox.com.hk
- Metro Causeway Bay.
- Location: Causeway Bay
- Credit cards accepted.
- 2 Sun Wui Rd., Causeway Bay, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, 2881–0616, Metro: Causeway Bay
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
A member of the Design Hotels group, the new Mira Moon hotel flaunts cutting-edge design in Hong Kong's ... Read more
Come for the art and the views, but stay for the fantastic food, strong drinks, and swanky stays.... Read more
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from... Read more