- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Café Match Box
Café Match Box Review
The decor, staff uniforms, and—of course—the food all capture the retro vibe of the 1960s Hong Kong cha chaan teng (local café). Cantonese pop songs from that era play over the sound system while diners relish bowls of elbow macaroni served in soup and topped with spam and eggs. Other staples include spaghetti served in chicken broth with green peas. But the sweets here are what really stand out. The egg tarts are rich and custardy, and the French toasts are served with a giant slab of butter. Surely the best item in the house, though, are the hotcakes topped with bananas, buttered walnuts, and soft-serve ice cream. Credit cards are accepted only in the evening with a minimum of HK$200.
- Address: 8 Cleveland St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong | Map It
- Phone: 2868–0363
- Website: www.cafematchbox.com.hk
- Metro Causeway Bay.
- Location: Causeway Bay
- Credit cards accepted.
- 2 Sun Wui Rd., Causeway Bay, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, 2881–0616, Metro: Causeway Bay
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
In all the years traveling to China, we missed the UNESCO World Heritage Site Huangshan (sister national park of the US Yosemite Park) until we no longer have the stamina to climb up to the top of the peaks. Read more
The new one post with opinions and recommendations on Lijiang
http://chinainmyhands2013.blogspot.com/2013/09/magical-lijiang.html Read more
I have booked a hotel reservation thru WWW.HOTEL-REZ.COM in March this year.
However, when I try to change the booking, there was no contact available by telephone, email or any other way. No one answers Read more
· News & Features
Come for the art and the views, but stay for the fantastic food, strong drinks, and swanky stays.... Read more
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from... Read more
Hong Kong is one of Asia's most exciting cities.... Read more