Hong Kong Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Getting Around Hong Kong
The city's transport options are as varied—old and new, fast and slow, land and sea—as they are clean, safe, and easy to use. There's no timetable for the MTR because trains run so frequently. Buses are air-conditioned, with cushioned seats, and often an upper level. On the water, enjoy a quick scenic trip across the harbor on the iconic Star Ferries, or take a fast ferry to an outer island or even Macau. For a leisurely ride harking back to the days of old, nothing beats a double-decker tram ride across Hong Kong Island. So when hitting the hot spots, skip taxis and take public transport.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe