- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Bullet trains are the easiest, quickest, and most comfortable option. Look for D-coded trains, or the letters CHR (China High-Speed Rail). Shanghai to Hangzhou, for example, takes approximately one hour and 40 minutes (with 20 departures daily each way), compared to almost three hours by bus. On the contrary, slow trains are uncomfortable for long distances and best avoided.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe