- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Crystal Orange Hotel (Juzi shuipin jiudian)
At a Glance
- excellent location near West Lake
- bicycle rental
- free Wi-Fi
- bad breakfast
- limited amenities
- public spaces allow smoking
Check Rates from our Partners
Crystal Orange Hotel (Juzi shuipin jiudian) Review
Travelers love this quirky boutique hotel so much that branches are popping up in other Chinese cities, but the Hangzhou location is a step up from the rest (hence the glittering name). The airy and artful lobby is decorated with Andy Warhol's pop art, and the glass elevator gives you bird's-eye view of it all. Rooms are clean and quiet, but be sure to request one facing outward for a better view. Each room has a pet goldfish to keep solo travelers company. Book ahead, since this place fills up weeks in advance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more