- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Crystal Orange Hotel (Juzi shuipin jiudian)
At a Glance
- excellent location near West Lake
- bicycle rental
- free Wi-Fi
- bad breakfast
- limited amenities
- public spaces allow smoking
Check Rates from our Partners
Crystal Orange Hotel (Juzi shuipin jiudian) Review
Travelers love this quirky boutique hotel so much that branches are popping up in other Chinese cities, but the Hangzhou location is a step up from the rest (hence the glittering name). The airy and artful lobby is decorated with Andy Warhol's pop art, and the glass elevator gives you bird's-eye view of it all. Rooms are clean and quiet, but be sure to request one facing outward for a better view. Each room has a pet goldfish to keep solo travelers company. Book ahead, since this place fills up weeks in advance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm doing a group tour in Nepal/Tibet later this year, and will have some free time both in Kathmandu and Lhasa before and after my trip.
I was hoping someone could recommend a good day-guide. I did a Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more