Eastern China Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Eastern China
Hangzhou Teatime. Sip sublime Longjing tea and buy silk in the footsteps of Marco Polo at Hangzhou's romantic West Lake.
Qiantian Tidal Bore. Marvel at one of nature's most enthralling spectacles: the mighty tidal bore at the mouth of Zhejiang's Qiantian River.
Gulangyu. Wander through narrow alleyways filled with a fascinating blend of Chinese and European architecture, and recharge in seaside garden pavilions without dodging traffic on this historic, car-free island.
Shaoxing Wine. Dramatized by one of China's most famous writers, Lu Xun, Shaoxing wine is celebrated throughout the region. Potent for sure, Shaoxing wine is de rigueur for local dining.
Hakka Roundhouses. The founder of modern China, Dr. Sun Yat-sen, came from China's proud Hakka minority people, whose ancient tradition of rounded-home architecture is now treasured.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe