Eastern China Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Eastern China
Hangzhou Teatime: Sip sublime Longjing tea and buy silk in the footsteps of Marco Polo at Hangzhou's romantic West Lake.
Qiantian Tidal Bore: Marvel at one of nature's most enthralling spectacles: the mighty tidal bore at the mouth of Zhejiang's Qiantian River.
Gulangyu: Wander through narrow alleyways filled with a fascinating blend of Chinese and European architecture, and recharge in seaside garden pavilions without dodging traffic on this historic, car-free island.
Shaoxing Wine: Dramatized by one of China's most famous writers, Lu Xun, Shaoxing wine is celebrated throughout the region. Potent for sure, Shaoxing wine is de rigueur for local dining.
Hakka Roundhouses: The founder of modern China, Dr. Sun Yat-sen, came from China's proud Hakka minority people, whose ancient tradition of rounded-home architecture is now treasured.Updated: 01-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's