Xicheng District Top 5 in Xicheng District
Xicheng District Top 5
1. Sipping coffee or an evening cocktail lakeside at Houhai or on one of the rooftop restaurants or bars overlooking the lake.
2. Exploring Houhai's well-preserved hutongs and historical sites by pedicab or bicycle.
3. Skating on Houhai Lake in winter or, in the warmer months, taking an evening boat tour of the lake. Dine onboard on barbecued lamb provided by
Kaorouji. Kaorouji, an old lakeside restaurant specializing in Chinese-style barbecue. Romantics, take note: you'll be serenaded by your own personal pipa (four-stringed lute) musician. 14 Qianhai Dongyan, just southeast of the Silver Ingot Bridge, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100009. 010/6404–2554.
4. Wandering the hills and temples of historic Beihai Park. In the evening, eat the way the emperors did with an imperial banquet at Fangshan Restaurant in the park.
5. Shopping for great gifts and snazzy clothes on the cheap at Xidan.
FODOR'S GO LIST
These are the top 25 trips we're looking to book right now -- and we hope you'll join us!More
View deals in Xicheng District for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More