- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Making the Most of Your Time
The southern districts of Beijing have some great attractions beyond the major players, like the Temple of Heaven.
Liulichang is renowned for paintings and Chinese art supplies; it's worth spending a few hours browsing here. The Source of Law Temple and the Niujie Mosque are laid-back, interesting temples; a trip to one makes visiting the other quite easy, as they are very close together. Visiting the reconstructed Ming Dynasty City Wall Ruins makes for a pleasant stroll before dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe