- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
It'll take you several days to see all the sights outside of Beijing. If you only have time for one, go to the Great Wall. If you have two days, head to Fahai Temple, about an hour's drive from the center, on the second day. Afterward you can see the Jietai Temple and the Tanzhe Temple before returning to the city in the afternoon. If you have more time to see the sights outside the city, check out the Eastern Qing Tombs on your third day. Wear walking shoes and bring a lunch.
If you have three days or more, and you're looking for a little summertime relaxation, take a day and a night (or, for real relaxation, two days) at Beidaihe, to bask on the beach, chow down on seafood, and crash at one of the ubiquitous hotels along the coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's