- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
By either train or taxi, it's easy to get out of Beijing. The major sites are no more than 50 mi outside the city, with the exception of farther-flung sections of the Great Wall and the Eastern Qing Tombs (78 mi). If you take a taxi set a price beforehand; the metered fare can add up quickly (generally, rides start at Y10 for the first 3 km, with an additional Y2 for each additional km and another Y2 per every five minutes of waiting time). If you go by train, most hotels will help you buy tickets up to four days in advance for a fee (typically Y5 to Y15 per ticket). There are also small train-ticket windows scattered around the city. Look for the China Railways logo.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's