- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
A Great Big Wall: Postcard views of large sections of the restored Ming Dynasty brick wall rise majestically around you. The sheer scope of this ancient project boggles the mind.
Ming and More: It's easy to arrange a tour or your own transportation to the Great Wall and the Thirteen Ming Tombs, especially if you go to the Badaling section of the wall.
The Adventure: There are so many exciting places just within a few hours of Beijing, and for all these places, getting there is half the fun. Traveling through rural China, even for a day trip, is always something of an adventure.
Meet the Locals: People in rural China can be extremely kind, inviting you to their homes for tea, a meal, or even to stay the night. If you accept an invite, a small gift of fruit or a bottle of baijiu (a Chinese spirit distilled from sorghum) is always appreciated.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe