- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Peking Duck, Private Kitchen (Guǒguǒ sīfáng kǎoyā)
Peking Duck, Private Kitchen (Guǒguǒ sīfáng kǎoyā) Review
Delicious duck in comfortable surroundings, what more could one ask for? Doing away with the formal, banquet-style scene that accompanies most places serving roast duck, diners here lounge on comfortable sofas in a moderately sized, warmly lit dining room where the signature dish is made to perfection. The set menus, all including succulent Peking duck, are a terrific value and include other northern-style dishes such as kung pao shrimp and green beans in sesame sauce. Despite the name, this restaurant is very much open to the public, and it's quite popular so it's best to book ahead.
- Address: Vantone Center, 6A Chaowai Dajie, FS2015 Chaoyang District, Beijing
- Phone: 010/5907–1920
- Location: Chaoyang District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more