- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen (Běijīng dōngzhīmēn zhìxu)
At a Glance
- cheap yet extremely modern and clean
- tour operator next door
- close to some great nightlife
- breakfast can be crowded (and no lunch or dinner options)
- small rooms
- subway is a long walk away
Check Rates from our Partners
Holiday Inn Express Beijing Dongzhimen (Běijīng dōngzhīmēn zhìxu) Review
Cheap and cheerful does it at this budget hotel close to Sanlitun (Beijing's lively nightlife center)—yes, it lacks the facilities you'd expect in pricier establishments (such as a pool and gym), and the guest rooms are somewhat small, but everything here is super spick-and-span, from the gleaming lobby to the surprisingly comfortable beds, while touches such as six shiny Apple Macs next to the front desk (free for use), plus a games area complete with Xbox, Wii, and foosball table add a little something extra; book yourself here for great value from a Holiday Inn that goes beyond brand expectations. This place has both meeting rooms and a self-service laundry room, so both businessmen and backpackers can vibe here. Next to the hotel entrance is a handy tour operator that can help organize trips to the Great Wall and so forth.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more