- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
EAST, Beijing (Běijīng Dōngyú)
At a Glance
- a business hotel with style
- impeccable service
- great in-house dining and drinking
- far from the main tourist sights (other than 798)
- nearby subway yet to open
- adjacent park area still in development
Check Rates from our Partners
EAST, Beijing (Běijīng Dōngyú) Review
Launched in 2012, EAST is the latest attempt by the people behind the Opposite House (a luxurious boutique wonder) to create a business hotel with style, a place to do business without the stiffness—note the communal networking space in the cafe-inspired lounge. Guest rooms are beautiful, light-filled, and done up in a charmingly contemporary and clean aesthetic. Rooms have dramatic accents, such as oak floors, headboard art, marble bathrooms, and huge windows. Note, too, the splashes of art throughout the chic bar, in reference to the hotel's proximity to the capital's art district, as well as the to-be-expected pool and gym, and some excellent dining options. Business travelers who want to be close to Wangjing or 798 couldn't ask for more; those who need to be elsewhere will appreciate the strategic location 20 minutes from both airport and downtown. There's also a vast mall next door with plenty of shopping and eating.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more