- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Aman at Summer Palace (Běijīng yíhé ānmàn)
At a Glance
- right next to the Summer Palace
- restaurant Naoki serves fine kaiseki (Japanese) cuisine
- beautiful setting
- very pricey
- extremely far from downtown
- too isolated for some
Check Rates from our Partners
Aman at Summer Palace (Běijīng yíhé ānmàn) Review
The epitome of blissful indulgence, this luxury hotel belonging to the famed Aman chain is spread out across a series of carefully renovated ancient Qing Dynasty courtyards—it even has its own private entrance to the Summer Palace—with guest rooms decorated in restful earth tones (lovely traditional wooden screens and bamboo blinds) and grounds that are positively stunning. Luxury and peace are the order of the day as guests enjoy breakfast overlooking a reflecting lotus pool, stroll the boutique, or relax in the excellent Aman Spa.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
My husband will be in Shanghai for a week and I would like him to bring something back.
I'm female, almost 65 and wonder what they have that you can't find here - . Not sure what's on people's shopping Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more