- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Guo Yao Xiao Ju (Guó yáo xiǎo jū)
Guo Yao Xiao Ju (Guó yáo xiǎo jū) Review
Tucked inside a small hutong, the food served in this award-winning restaurant, which dates back to the Qing dynasty, is phenomenal. The owner's brother-in-law is a veteran of the Beijing Hotel and the fourth generation trained in Tan cooking. Chef Guo has also prepared state banquets for U.S. presidents Nixon and Clinton, and for Chinese leaders such as Deng Xiaoping. Go for the Tan cuisine set menu for a thorough experience of China's haute cuisine. An à la carte menu is also available, featuring enticing specialities such as homemade wine-flavored sausages, delightful duck and chive rolls, king-sized breaded shrimp, and comforting spaetzle in rich tomatoey soup.
- Address: 58 Jiaodaokou Bei Santiao, Andingmennei Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100007
- Phone: 010/6403–1940
- Location: Dongcheng District
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more