- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Chaoyang Park (Cháoyáng gôngyuán)
Chaoyang Park (Cháoyáng gôngyuán) Review
The sprawling, modern Chaoyang Park lacks the imperial aura that marks other Beijing parks, but offers quite a bit in terms of recreation. About one-fourth of the park is water, and so boating of various kinds is available here, primarily pedal-powered paddleboats. There's a swimming pool with an artificial beach, tennis courts, beach volleyball grounds, a gymnasium, and a small amusement park. You can hire a slow-going electromobile for easy mobility around this sprawling park on your own, or hail a ride on a group trolley. There are many snack stands serving simple dishes, but if you're looking for something more substantive, walk around to the west gate of the park where you'll find a street lined with popular Western and Chinese eateries, or check out the Solana mall at the northwest corner of the park.
- Address: Nongzhanguan Road South, Chaoyang District, Beijing
- Cost: Y5
- Hours: Mid-Mar.–mid-Nov., daily 6 am–9 pm; mid-Nov.–mid-Mar., daily 6 am–8 pm
- Location: Chaoyang District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm doing a group tour in Nepal/Tibet later this year, and will have some free time both in Kathmandu and Lhasa before and after my trip.
I was hoping someone could recommend a good day-guide. I did a Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more