- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Day's Inn Forbidden City Beijing (Běijīng Xiāngjiāng dàisī jiǔdiàn)
At a Glance
- fantastic price for the location
- close to tourist sites
- free internet
- restaurant is average at best
- bad basement rooms
- onset of mould in some shower rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Day's Inn Forbidden City Beijing (Běijīng Xiāngjiāng dàisī jiǔdiàn) Review
Functional more than fancy, the Day's Inn offers a lot of pluses: it's inexpensive, clean, comfortable, and located within striking distance of the Imperial Wall Ruins Park, Wangfujing, the Forbidden City, and Tiananmen Square. Built in an unfussy style with the slightest of architectural nods towards the city's classic courtyard houses, it does feature such alluring touches as its grey brick walls inlaid with traditional carvings of chrysanthemums (the Chinese national flower). Beware of booking the cheaper basement rooms if you want a window.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more