- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Ding Ding Xiang (Dǐngdǐngxiāng)
Ding Ding Xiang (Dǐngdǐngxiāng) Review
Hotpot restaurants are plentiful in northern China, but few do it better than Ding Ding Xiang, a self-proclaimed "hotpot paradise." A variety of meats, seafood, and vegetables can be cooked in a wide selection of broths (the wild mushroom broth is a must for mycophiles), and the pot can be divided to accomodate several kinds. Should you be visiting Beijing in the bitter winter months, look forward to paper-thin lamb slices dipped in a bubbling pot of broth. Despite the surly service and gaudy decor, this place is perennially crowded.
- Address: Bldg 7, Guoxing Jiayuan, Shouti Nanlu, Haidian District, Beijing, 100044
- Phone: 010/8835–7775
- Location: Haidian District
- No credit cards.
- 40 Dongzhong Jie, Dongzhimenwai, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100027, 010/6417–9289
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am travelling with my boyfriend in China this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more