- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Café Sambal Review
Tucked away in a cozy traditional courtyard house, this mainstay of Beijing's international dining scene offers some of the city's best Southeast Asian flavors. This spot lives up to the promise of its name, which refers to the chili sauce used in many of the dishes served. Best bets include fiery beef rendang, butter prawns, and the four-sided beans in cashew nut sauce. A recent renovation has enhanced the spaciousness of the formerly snug surroundings, while retaining the signature antique furnishings and chilled-out vibe that have long made this a great place to relax over a Malaysian meal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am leaving on a trip to Japan, China, Myanmar and Thailand on March 28 for one month and need to be able to call the US. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more