- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Swissôtel Beijing (gǎngao zhōngxīn Ruìshì jiǔdiàn)
At a Glance
- regular jazz nights in the lobby
- great amenities
- easy access to the city
- can be noisy
- generally mediocre food
- not next to the sites
Check Rates from our Partners
Swissôtel Beijing (gǎngao zhōngxīn Ruìshì jiǔdiàn) Review
With easy access to the Second Ring Road and Line 2 of the subway, this well-run hotel provides something of a welcome hub for tourists: the marble lobby is impressive, guest rooms are of a high quality (decked out in a recognizably European style), and the health club has a large pool and tennis courts: while it'll never be one of the city's more glamourous hotels, it's a solid fit. Plus it's only a short walk to the nearby Nanxincang complex of restaurants (which is housed in a former Ming Dynasty granary). The hotel coffee shop also dishes up a good buffet.
- Address: 2 Chaoyangmennei Dajie, Dongsishiqiao Flyover Junction (Second Ring Rd.) Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100027 | Map It
- Phone: 010/6553–2288
- Website: www.swissotel-beijing.com
- Metro Dongsishitiao.
- Location: Chaoyang District
- 430 rooms, 50 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
In all the years traveling to China, we missed the UNESCO World Heritage Site Huangshan (sister national park of the US Yosemite Park) until we no longer have the stamina to climb up to the top of the peaks. Read more
The new one post with opinions and recommendations on Lijiang
http://chinainmyhands2013.blogspot.com/2013/09/magical-lijiang.html Read more
My partner's father works in China and gets a lot of air miles through his job, so we may have the opportunity to visit next year. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more