- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Chinese Phrases
Swissôtel Beijing (gǎngao zhōngxīn Ruìshì jiǔdiàn)
At a Glance
- regular jazz nights in the lobby
- great amenities
- easy access to the city
- can be noisy
- generally mediocre food
- not next to the sites
Check Rates from our Partners
Swissôtel Beijing (gǎngao zhōngxīn Ruìshì jiǔdiàn) Review
With easy access to the Second Ring Road and Line 2 of the subway, this well-run hotel provides something of a welcome hub for tourists: the marble lobby is impressive, guest rooms are of a high quality (decked out in a recognizably European style), and the health club has a large pool and tennis courts: while it'll never be one of the city's more glamourous hotels, it's a solid fit. Plus it's only a short walk to the nearby Nanxincang complex of restaurants (which is housed in a former Ming Dynasty granary). The hotel coffee shop also dishes up a good buffet.
- Address: 2 Chaoyangmennei Dajie, Dongsishiqiao Flyover Junction (Second Ring Rd.) Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100027 | Map It
- Phone: 010/6553–2288
- Website: www.swissotel-beijing.com
- Metro Dongsishitiao.
- Location: Chaoyang District
- 430 rooms, 50 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
With hot temperatures and sometimes poor air quality, visiting Beijing during the summer months can sometimes be miserable.
However, during our visit we were fortunate to have nice weather as we head from Read more
A short Beijing Metro ride and we surface in search of our destination to experience some more of for us amazing Beijing. Read more
I am leaving on a trip to Japan, China, Myanmar and Thailand on March 28 for one month and need to be able to call the US. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more